Wednesday, November 10, 2010

As Shadows Rest (Final)

All I heard was silence. Adrenaline still pounded in my ears from when I first saw it and ran across my apartment. I hid myself in secret closet, the door was found in another closet behind some clothes. I tried to stop panting, I needed to hear if the...thing, was approaching. I heard the front door slam. How did it get in? I left the door locked. Three minutes passed. Then, footsteps. Loud and slow. I squeezed my eyes shut and prayed as the thing surveyed my house. As it approached my bedroom, I took my final deep breaths. I clenched my jaw as it walked sluggishly around my room. My heart raced as it stopped at the closet door. The door creaked open. Two footsteps to step inside. And then, it walked out. Is that it? I wondered silently. I stayed silent until I was sure I could move. I let out a small sigh after fifteen horribly slow minutes passed. I stood up, brushed my self off and reached for the door. I swung it open, and there, the eight foot demon was waiting for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment